Makes: 2 loaves - Cooking Method: Bakes in oven - Total Time: 30 minutes
Stromboli: a bread roll filled with traditional pizza classics: pepperoni, mushrooms and cheese. We braid the top for a unique presentation. You just bake, slice and serve. Can be sliced for an appetizer, cut in half for a lunch, or made smaller and served whole for dinner.
What's for Dinner:
Spumoni Ice Cream
Pizza Dough, room temperature - 2 balls
Hard Salami - 20 slices
Pepperoni Slices - 30
Mushrooms, canned slices and drained - 1 cup
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, whole milk - 1 cup
Oregano - 2 Tbsp
Preheat oven to 375. Line baking sheet with foil, spray with PAM and preheat tray in oven for 10 minutes.
1. Place parchment paper or flour on counter. Stretch each dough ball (from the center out) into a rectangle 15 inches long by 8 inches wide.
2. Sprinkle each rectangle with 1 Tbsp of the Dried Oregano.
3. Layer each rectangle with: salami, pepperoni, mushrooms and cheese.
4. Using paring knife, make 8 slits on the long sides of each rectangle. Starting on the short ends, fold ends over filling. Alternate side pieces over filling to form a braid.
5. Remove hot tray from oven. Carefully place stromboli on HOT tray and bake for 12-15 minutes until cooked through and nicely browned, rotating tray once during cooking. Set on counter for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve hot.