Serves: 4-6 - Cooking Method: Stovetop - Total Time: 30 minutes
Chicken Marsala - A quick, delicious Italian specialty that all family members will enjoy. Pounded chicken breasts are browned in your sautee pan with mushrooms. The dish is finished off with marsala wine and cooking sherry.
What's for Dinner:
Sun Dried Tomato Appetizer Cheesecake
Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
Molten Spiced Chocolate Cakes
When preparing for finicky eaters, reserve one serving of browned chicken breast on a warm platter and serve marsala sauce in a small dish to use as a dipping sauce. Kids love dip!
Place chicken breast one at a time into a zip-lock bag and close. Pound the breast through the bag to keep your counter neat and save on clean-up time.
Chicken Breasts, boneless, skinless 4oz each - 6
Olive Oil - Tbsp
Butter - 4 Tbsp
Mushrooms, fresh button, sliced - 1 cup
Flour - 1/4 cup
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Pepper - 1/4 tsp
Oregano - 1/2 tsp
Marsala Wine - 1/2 cup
Cooking Sherry - 1/4 cup
Rosemary, fresh, minced - 1 Tbsp
1. Prepare chicken breasts: Trim boneless chicken breasts of any loose skin or fat. We want all the breasts to be of equal thickness to ensure evenness of cooking. Using a paring knife, butterfly each breast open to a thickness of 1/4". Then using a meat mallet, pound each breast flat. Set prepared chicken aside and clean counter.
2. Into a medium-sized sautee pan over medium heat, place Olive Oil, Butter and Mushrooms. Sautee until butter is melted and mushrooms are heated through. With slotted spoon, remove mushrooms from pan and set aside.
3. In a gallon-sized zip-lock bag, place: flour, salt, pepper and oregano. One at a time, put chicken in flour bag, seal and shake to coat outside of breast.
4. Add floured chicken to pan and brown for several minutes on each side until cooked through (no pink showing when sliced open) or meat thermometer registers 165 degrees. Place browned breasts on serving platter and set aside.
5. Using non-metal spatula, scrape bottom of sautee pan to loosen any particles. Add Marsala Wine, Cooking Sherry, Rosemary and cooked mushrooms to the pan. Simmer sauce for 2 minutes. Pour wine sauce over chicken and serve.
Return from Chicken Marsala to Chicken Recipes