Baked Spinach Bacon Pinwheels
Makes: 32-36 pinwheels - Cooking Method: Bake in oven - Total Time: 30 minutes
Baked-Spinach-Bacon-Pinwheels: Smoked bacon, spinach and a cheese medley all wrapped up in a flour tortilla, sliced and baked. The effect is ooey, gooey and delicious! These are so easy to make and look so fabulous, you may feel guilty taking credit for them. - who's kidding, you'll proudly serve them and tell all your friends they took all day!
Follow instructions through rolling flour tortillas into logs. Wrap in plastic wrap, place in zip lock bag and freeze. When unexpected guests arrive, take out of freezer, defrost for 5 minutes, slice and bake. - It's that Easy!
Flour Tortillas - 4
Cream Cheese - 1/2 cup
Garlic - 2 tsp
Spinach, frozen, chopped (defrosted and drained) - 1 1/2 cups
Mayonnaise - 1/4 cup
Salt - 1/2 tps
Pepper - 1/4 tsp
Cayenne - 1/4 tsp
Bacon, cooked, chopped - 1 cup
Green Onions, sliced - 1 cup
1. Set oven to 400 degrees.
2.In food processor, blend: cream cheese, garlic, spinach, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and cayenne until fully blended and smooth.
3. Lay out flour tortillas on clean, flat surface.
4. Spread each with 1/4 of cream cheese mixture, bacon and green onions.
5. Tightly roll each tortilla into a log.
6. Place in refrigerator of freezer for 15 minutes to chill - it makes slicing easier and neater.
7. Slice uneven ends off logs. Slice the rolls crosswise on a slight diagonal into 3/4 inch slices. Arrange on a large baking sheet.
8. Bake until heated through about 7 minutes.
9. Serve on a buffet or platters.
Return from Baked-Spinach-Bacon-Pinwheels to Appetizer-Party-Recipes