Serves: 4-6 - Cooking Method: Bake at 350 - Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
Kahlua ham for dinner, brunch or a tailgate buffet. A juicy, boneless ham is studded with whole cloves and basted in a Kahlua-brown sugar glaze. While the alcohol bakes off, the sweetness bakes in. Make extra as everyone will want more!
What's for Dinner:
Swiss Cheese Slices and Crackers
Buttered Steamed Carrots
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Boneless Pit Ham - 2 1/2 lbs.
Whole Cloves - 1 Tbsp
Brown Sugar - 1 cup
Kahlua - 1/2 cup
Dry Mustard - 2 Tbsp
1. Preheat oven at 325 degrees. Using a paring knife, score (cut into) ham 1/4" deep in a criss-cross pattern (so the sauce will penetrate into ham), and stud ham with cloves.
2. Place ham in center of roasting pan and pour 1/4 cup water into pan. Cover ham loosely with aluminum foil and place in hot oven.
3. In sauce pan, heat: brown sugar, kahlua and dry mustard until melted and heated through.
4. Pour 1/4 cup of sauce over ham basting frequently and bake for about 1 hour 15 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees on meat thermometer.
5. Take ham out of oven and let rest (covered with aluminum foil) 5-10 minutes on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, slice ham 1/4" thick. Lay slices on serving platter.
6. Pour remaining Kahlua sauce over ham slices and serve.
For finicky eaters, serve ham slices dry and serve remaining Kahlua sauce in individual bowls to use as a dip.
Return from Kahlua Ham to Ham Pork Recipes