Champagne-Chicken with Mushrooms
Serves: 4-6 - Cooking Method: Stovetop - Total Time: 30 minutes
This easy Champagne-Chicken with Mushrooms chicken recipe is all dressed up and waiting for a celebration. Chicken is pan sauteed creating the basis for a shallot, mushroom, champagne cream sauce that is elegant. This entree would be perfect for New Year's Eve, Mother's Day or an anniversary dinner.
What's for Dinner:
Brie in Puff Pastry
Champagne Chicken with Mushrooms
Steamed Artichokes with Garlic Aioli
Molten Spiced Chocolate Cakes
If you have any finicky eaters, brown chicken and reserve their pieces on a warm platter. Serve browned chicken with the champagne sauce in a small cup to use as a dip. Kids love dip!
Chicken Breast, boneless, skinless, 4oz - 6 breasts
Flour - 1/2 cup
Salt - 1 tsp
Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Butter - 2 Tbsp
Olive Oil - 2 Tbsp
Shallots, peeled and minced - 1/2 cup
Mushrooms, button, sliced - 1 cup
Garlic, minced - 1 Tbsp
Chicken Broth - 1 1/2 cups
Champagne - 1/2 cup (or chicken broth if non-alcoholic)
Thyme, fresh, chopped - 2 tsp
Whipping Cream - 1/2 cup
1. Ensure all chicken breasts are of even thickness. If not, either slice breasts open or pound breasts on cutting board until all breasts are evenly thick. This will make cooking time the same for all breasts.
2. In a zip lock bag, shake chicken one piece at a time in flour, salt and pepper. Place on a wire rack to rest 10 minutes and dredge the pieces in the flour mixture again.
3. Champagne-chicken sauce: Melt butter with olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken in batches, 5 minutes each side or until golden brown and remove to a plate.
4. Add shallots, mushrooms and garlic to pan stirring often for 10 minutes. Stir in Champagne and thyme, bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned particles from bottom of skillet.
5. Reduce heat, and return chicken to skillet. Cover and simmer 10 minutes or until done.
6. Transfer chicken to a serving platter.
7. Stir cream into mushroom mixture and cook 5 to 6 minutes or until thickened. Add salt and pepper to your desired taste.
8. Serve champagne-chicken sauce immediately over chicken.
Return from Champagne-Chicken to Chicken Recipes